What’s a home command center, you ask? … Well, I’m sure glad you asked! (I said that in my best late-night infomercial voice.)
You could think of your home command center as a household mission control center. All you do is designate a convenient location for a calendar, bulletin board, grocery list, and mail. It also has a cubby and hook set for every member of your household. The calendar is a great way for everyone to see at a glance what’s going on for the entire month, and bulletin boards are perfect for permission slips and report cards that need a signature.
Imagine knowing where your car keys are at all times, plus the added benefit of not having to hear anyone say, “Hey mom, where’s my ___________?”
5 Tips to keep the space functional:
- Make a place for everything that belongs in the command center, and make sure that it doesn’t become a catchall for junk. Keep the rule clear that this is only for certain items, and keep it off limits for everything else.
- Let the space evolve with your lifestyle. If you don’t have time to coupon anymore, clear out the couponing binder and make room for something else.
- If you notice that one member of your family has shelves that fill up faster than others, figure out what the main culprit is and stay on top of it.
- Take advantage of both high and low space. High areas are a great place to store items that you don’t use as often, but really need to be in the command center. Lower areas are perfect for shoes and sports equipment.
- Add a “clear out” date to your calendar. Don’t forget to clear things out periodically so you don’t end up cluttering up the space. At least once a month you should go through the bins, baskets, and hooks to make sure that everything is where it should be. This is also a great time to switch out the calendar to keep it current.
A home command center is just one great way to keep your family organized and on track. Once you have tackled the organization aspect, consider hiring a Manitoba cleaning service to handle the down and dirty cleaning for you!
Signature Cleaning Service really strives to give you a high-quality, trustworthy and reliable Winnipeg maid service.
Give Signature a call today to schedule a clean (204) 779-3600!
Do you have a command center in your home? Leave us a comment to let us know how it keeps your household running smoothly!