Fight Against COVID-19
Dear Valued Clients,
I am writing you today to provide information regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and what we at Signature Cleaning Services are doing in response.
Your safety and the safety of our staff has always been, and remains, our number one priority. Our goal is to be part of the solution and not part of the problem.
From the onset of the coronavirus, we have been watching and reading about the Industry best practices in the event of a pandemic spread to our area. Being professional members of ARCSI (Association of Residential Cleaning Services International) and ISSA The Worldwide Cleaning Industry Association has truly been a blessing as we worked to implement our strategy to best protect you.
From the beginning, Signature Cleaning Services’ cleaning methods were created to prevent cross-contamination and sanitize surfaces safely and effectively.
Here is a list of things we do as a normal part of our business:
1. High quality hospital grade microfiber cloths. Our teams are supplied with fresh sets of microfiber cloths for each home. They are color coded so separate cloths are used for bathrooms and kitchens so there is never any cross contamination. Our cloths are disinfected/steam washed daily at our facility.
2. We do not carry a toilet brush from home to home. (a common industry practice) Once a cloth touches a toilet, it touches nothing else and gets placed in the dirty plastic cloth bag which next gets emptied into the steam laundry machine.
3. Each Standard Signature Service includes sanitizing high touch areas such as door knobs, light switches, drawer pulls and cabinet knobs.
Here are some additional items that we have implemented in this time of high vigilance:
1. Leadership. We are reminding teams to be hyper vigilant on cleaning all the high touch areas. We are educating them on how to be smart, prepared and not panicked.
2. We are educating employees on personal hygiene and are implementing a mandatory hand wash protocol: All team members must wash their hands upon entry and upon exit of every home. Either at the sink with soap and water for 20 seconds minimum, or by using hand sanitizer (limited supply) We will wear nitrile gloves for every task and we will not be using customer owned hand towels. We discourage all hand shaking and will maintain at least a 6 foot distance from clients. Please don’t think we are being rude. We are being responsible.
3. We are diligently monitoring the Public Health Agency of Canada Website, and discussing all updates with our teams.
4. Any employee showing symptoms of the flu or COVID-19, will not be permitted to work and will be sent home to rest and heal. We are hoping our vigilance will not cause our schedule to be interrupted, however we ask for your mercy during this outbreak, as your health and safety and that of our staff are of the utmost importance.
5. Out of an abundance of caution, we have acquired a large quantity of Clorox disinfectant wipes. We truly believe our current methods are effective, but we understand that in times like these, a little added protection cannot hurt. We are saving these for when/if COVID-19 presents in Winnipeg. As an added protection, our plan will then be to wipe high touch areas like door handles and switch plates upon exit of every home with disinfectant wipes. A separate email will go out when/if we implement this step. If you do not want this step, we understand, just let us know at that time.
We recognize the important role that we fill in keeping your home clean and healthy. We are grateful that you have chosen Signature Cleaning Services. As always, we are committed to keeping both our clients and our employees healthy and safe. If you would like to add additional cleanings, just let us know and we will be happy to make room on our schedule for you.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call and ask for me directly.
Joanna Palumbo Saucier
Head Clean Freak
Signature Cleaning Services