Every week, we clean out the fridge and make something Yummy before we fill it back up. It’s always fun figuring out what kind of tasty dish we can create. And it’s a good habit if you want to clean your fridge out each week. This Week’s Signature Sunday Stew is a Mishtakoon which is our word for Clean Out Your Fridge Stew. It’s a chicken, rice and white bean delight!
Here’s how it went:
- Cooked Chicken Breast from Costco (the pre-cooked ones in the containers – as many as you want)
- Leftover Coconut Rice from our Thai Food takeout. (my fave!)
- Ten cloves or more of garlic: the more the batter – minced
- Freeze dried Shallots (I had to sneak these in – I pulled it off undetected)
- Chicken Broth (Better than Bouillon in water)
- Can of White Navy Beans Rinsed.
- One Zucchini
- Frozen Spinach Cubes
- Oregano, thyme or your other favorite green leaf herb.
As you know I do not measure and you don’t have to either. No pressure, just taste it. It’ll be good I promise!
Heat a little Olive Oil or Coconut in a pot, add garlic, cook a little and add chopped chicken.
Stir and cook together then add oregano, and thyme and shallots.
Add everything else, Boil, Simmer, Taste and Done. Bowl it and Enjoy.
Wipe out your fridge while it’s empty and fill it up again. Until you need to make Mishtakoon again…
Check out more Signature Sundays Stews…